Thursday, June 4, 2009

My life in 3D

Yesterday was a good day.
Work was interrupted by Grams bringing me to get some lunch.
She drives like a 16 year old on their first drive alone trying to look in the rear view mirror to put on sparkly pink lip gloss while dancing to Top 20 marathon on the local pop station.
Which is too much fun and led to some unintentional mini off-roading experiences. 
We split my favorite strawberry cake from Newk's which i somehow was allowed to treat her to.
It was one of those days ill remember forever.

After work i decided (well i had actually decided when i woke up) that i would be headed to the pool.
Hannah agreed to go but warned me she would be fully dressed.
About midway into my chilly swim it started to sprinkle, which immediately made her disappear (i assumed back to the apt.)
Shortly after her going m.i.a. she returned... still fully dressed, holding a extra large golfing umbrella in one hand and a cup of tea in the other.
This is my best friend and roommate, Hannah.
She couldn't have been anymore prepared and i couldn't have laughed any harder.

That night we planned a spontaneous dinner which consisted of Moe's, Zaxby's, and the three of us repeating lines from Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
Afterwards we took a quick trip to WalMart to load up on  (cheaper) candy to "sneak" into the theatre. (c'mon... they know whats in that XXL purse you DONT need to watch a movie.)
Up in 3-D.
Absolutely adorable.
I was crying in the first five min.
.....and falling asleep the next... (this is a given and was totally expected.)

My friends are aware that anytime we watch something- movie/tv- whatever.. after dark: im out, and then i become a living table for friench fries, cell phones, cokes, pizza...
We have pictures to prove it.

Anyway back to the movie.
We loved our 3D glasses and decided not to put them back in the recycle can outside the doors but to keep them for a better time and place.
ill post pictures soon.




2 comments:

  1. I had to ride with Grams my whole life! My teen friends used to say, "Mrs. Hornsby drives like a Philadelphia Lawyer!" And she does! Gotta love her! :)
    Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a very good day :)
    this blog made me laugh so much! I'm such a dork, and I'm very glad you love me FOR in rather than IN SPITE of it! haha!

    ReplyDelete