Monday, April 20, 2009

Improving You, Your Life and Your Relationships

I recently started reading a new book.  (Love the Life You Live by Les Parrott, Ph. D. and Neil Clark Warren, Ph. D.)
Another informative.
The only kind I really enjoy reading.
I will be posting here and there about things that stand out to me during my read... enjoy:

"Life is deep and simple, and what our society gives us is shallow and complicated." -Fred Rogers 

The introduction focuses on "getting healthy."
Secret #1?
Profound Significance- They know they are loved unconditionally

Secret #2?
Unswerving Authenticity- They know who they are

Secret #3?
Self-Giving Love- They know others need them

How healthy are your relationships?
Consider these facts:

  • Without Signifigance, you become needy, insecure and vulnerable.
  • Without Authenticity, you become stagnant, superficial and phony.
  • Without love,  you become self-consumed and insular.
"Life is like a coin, you can spend it however you like, but you can only spend it once." 

And there, you have the introduction. 

Analyze.
Assess.
Absorb. 




1 comment:

  1. I have talked to Les a couple times of the phone. He's a good guy - very smart.

    Regarding the three secrets: the older I get I find how few relationships we actually have in life fit all three.

    Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete